Liz and Me

Liz and Me
Liz and Me

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Lost Hound

Yesterday night I drove down to the farm to feed the horses but I noticed when I pulled in the driveway there was a black and tan hound sitting in our yard. I got out of my car and walked up slowly to the shy hound saying soft soothing words to get it to come closer to me. I eventually won him over and got to take a look at the number on his collar to call his owner. He belonged to a hunt club near our farm that runs deer. This got me thinking about how different this hunt club was from the one where my family fox hunts. Our huntsmen never leave a hound behind even if they are hunting on their own farm; they stay out on horseback and track them until every single one of them is accounted for. The other hunt club just assumed their hounds would show up back home or someone like me would call and they could pick it up.
Further thinking... if I were a hound which club would I want to be in? This reminded me of the parable of the lost sheep and how the good shepherd always went out and looked for the lost one while the other ninety-nine were in safety.

Luke 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

I am so thankful that I am part of God's heard and that he looks for me when I stray away from Him. I can't imagine how lost and alone I would be waiting for someone to find me or trying to stumble across my own way home the way I would if I was in another "hunt club."
Thanks Lord for always looking for me when I'm lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment