Liz and Me

Liz and Me
Liz and Me

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Feeling Sick

It is a beautiful winter day. Not to cold and not to hot with blue skies all around me. I'm getting everything ready for the fox hunt tomorrow: cleaning out the trailer, filling hay bags, cleaning tack, etc... I decide to start with the my least favorite which is trailer cleaning. I'm really getting into it and have all the poop cleaned out and only have to put the new bedding down when the fatigue hits me. I've been feeling a cold coming on for a few days so it's not really a huge shock. But for the rest of the time trying to get ready I feel like I have a huge rain cloud hanging over me making every chore I have to do twice as hard.
Liz looks over at me from across the fence and starts walking up to me like "Do you have a treat for me? Is it time to ride?" I give her head a little scratch and say, "Not today girl. I don't feel so well." She shook her head and trotted back over to be with her pasture buddy.
As I started walking back to the barn to wrap things up I started thinking about this cold I had and how it was making my body so weak even during my everyday chores. What if I translate this to the spiritual level? Is there any part of my live that is affected by a spiritual virus I have? I know I have plenty of areas in my spiritual life that are infected with sickness. Such as complaining I had no help with the horse chores, not being consistent with my prayer life, and gossiping at the hunt... just to name a few... I stopped right there in the barn and asked God to help me heal myself from the inside out.

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.
Psalm 103:3

Lord, you know my physical diseases and most importantly my spiritual ones. You are the best doctor in the world because you are not limited by physical conditions but can heal my soul as well. Thank you for giving me a cold and opening my eyes to see my spiritual sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment